Friday, January 16, 2009

Margaret Rose Fitzgerald


Today my niece, Maggie Rose, would have turned 20. We lost Maggie, Kennedy and Christine in a tragic house fire on August 18, 2007. Kennedy is Maggie's brother and he was 20 at the time of the fire. Christine was Kennedy's girlfriend and was 19 at the time of her death. I do not have a day go by without thinking of Maggie and Kennedy. I loved having Maggie's birthday close to mine! My niece Courtney shares a January birthday as well! When Maggie and Kennedy were little, Matthew and Peggy would go to Long Beach Island, NJ for summer vacations. They have five kids! Our girls would go down to be "mother's helpers" for Peggy. I would drive them down and pick them up. I took this picture one summer. This picture is of Kennedy and Maggie! The flash on the window behind them is so "angelic" to me. I scanned it into my computer as the picture was taken before I went digital! We miss you................

"Rosie's Lullaby" by Norah Jones

She walked by the ocean,
And waited for a star,
To carry her away.

Feelin' so small,
At the bottom of the world,
Lookin' up to God.

She tries to take deep breaths,
To smell the salty sea,
As it moves over her feet.

The water pulls so strong,
And no-one is around,
And the moon is looking down.

Sayin',
Rosie - come with me,
Close your eyes - and dream.

The big ships are rollin',
And lightin' up the night,
And she calls out, but they just her pass by.

The waves are crashin',
But not making a sound,
Just mouthing along.

Sayin',
Rosie - come with me,
Close your eyes and dream,
Close your eyes and dream,
Close your eyes and dream.

2 comments:

Rosemarie said...

A beautiful post.

Beverlee said...

Before I even got to the end of your post, I thought, upon seeing that photo, " Wow, look at that perfect white light glistening behind them" ,,,, going, of course, all esoteric, ultimately realizing it was the flash from the camera, etc. But ... angels reveal themselves to us daily! And then I got to you last sentences and, well, you seem to agree. An angel, yes, I think so !
BTW >>> where did that beautiful poem come from ?

Search This Blog

Mothers Day Video from Erin!

My Favorite Sites and Blogs

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Pages

Followers

Worldwide Flag Counter

My Song List


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Powered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share